🧭 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕤 Blog
A packing list for all voyages includes the travel essentials you will need at minimum for your sailing. Check with your cruise line for a destination specific packing list, dress code, theme nights, and prohibited items. Consider seasonal weather and duration of your journey when packing the travel essentials. While this is not an exhaustive list, if this is your first time sailing, the items listed here will ensure you are comfortable. For everything else, you can always buy it along the way.
Download a printable What to Pack for a Cruise checklist:
Daytime at Sea & Ports of Call: Consider cultural expectations, and restrictions. Resort-style attire, including jeans and shorts, is typical until dinner seating times (6pm +). Casual shorts, cover-ups, swimsuits reserved for are poolside, on deck, spa and fitness studio.
Evening after 6p: Elegant casual attire and evening shoes. A theme night or cocktail dress, dress slacks and collared shirt, optional sport jacket. Formal nights, for gowns and dark suits, tuxedos.
Check your airline bag size restrictions
- Photo ID/Driver’s License and documentation (passport, visa etc.)
- Proof of required vaccinations
- Emergency documents, contact list, health/insurance cards, allergy list
- Change of clothes, and bathing suit
- Prescription medications for duration, refill prescription, + 2 wk extra supply
- Toiletries and hygiene items - travel size liquid containers only
- First aid essentials, aspirin & band-aides
- Cell phone, charger, camera, memory card
- Specialty items, jewelry
Checked bag Essentials
- Swimwear and cover-up
- Sleepwear, undergarments, socks
- Exercise attire and sneakers
- Dress/formal attire, cocktail dress
- Dark suit/tuxedo
- Walking shoes, sandals, evening shoes
- Brimmed hat, sun screen, sunglasses
- Accessories; belts handbags
- Blouses, collared tops and casual shirts
- Sports Jacket, blazer, sweater or wrap
- Skirts, slacks, dress pants, shorts
- Foldable tote bag for tours / shops
- Laundry bag and zip-lock bags
- Mini sewing kit
Why you benefit from working with Cindy, a Professional Travel Designer:
- Expert advice, professional consulting, project management, and service with attention to every detail
- Preferred cruise and travel suppliers who partner with Expedia Cruises, bringing the highest value to clients through our managed partnerships
- Access to exclusive amenities, backed by Expedia Cruises, a global powerhouse brand trusted by millions of travelers for value, expertise and service.
- 7SEAS® Club members will save an average of 10% on select cruises from top brands with member only deals. Member Prices will vary by cruise line, ship, sailing dates, and category, and will change regularly.
- Expedia Rewards™ loyalty points program, exclusively for Expedia customers. Earn points to use toward Expedia travel when you book a cruise with Expedia Cruises.
- Expedia Exclusive Staterooms™ We block groups of staterooms up to 18 months in advance giving you the best staterooms at the best prices. Offering guaranteed prices on top selling ships, sailing dates and destinations.
- Expedia® Extras, could include a complimentary bottle of wine, onboard cash credit, pre-paid gratuities, complimentary dining in an alternative restaurant and other special gifts.